Employment Opportunity: Ambulatory Technician
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, MVB, Equine Veterinarian, PA
Employment start date: May 1, 2018, in Oldwick, NJ
Employment Status: Full time, permanent & seasonal
B.W. Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 15 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 3 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, stallion collection station, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a rehabilitation center. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
- Assist ambulatory doctors with ambulatory and hospital caseload, including, but not limited to, reproduction, dental, general care, and lameness. This would including handling & restraining horses, including mares and foals, jogging horses, preparing & using diagnostic imaging equipment, etc.
- Stock and manage ambulatory inventory & equipment
- Manage daily schedule and appointments, including scheduling follow-ups and phone calls
- Operate ImproMed Equine software to track and maintain up-to-date client history, reports, appointments, and invoices
- Run in-house labs or prepare IDEXX samples to go out
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Excellent horse-horse handling skills are mandatory, including handling of sedated horses, handling and restraining mares and foals, and ability to jog horses in hand
- An outstanding team attitude, work ethic, and desire to learn
- Education or work background in equine medicine & care
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Technologically proficient
- Excellent handling emergency situations
- Capable of heavy lifting, including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
Hours are Monday – Friday, ~ 8a-5p, with occasional overtime required. Seasonal position is offered through ~ August 30, 2018, second position is year round. Benefits include attractive hourly pay commensurate with experience and discounted veterinary services and products.
Please submit your resume & cover letter via email to Adam Furlong, Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org