Employment Opportunity: Ambulatory Technician
Employer: Peak Performance Equine Services, LLC (a subsidiary of Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A.)
Employment start date: Immediate
Status: Full time, seasonal
Peak Performance Equine Services (PPES) is an ambulatory equine veterinary practice that is headquartered in Ocala, FL. It is a subsidiary company of B.W. Furlong & Associates, an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. B.W. Furlong & Associates employs 16 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast; Peak Performance is made up of 3 veterinarians that practice in Ocala year round, as well as seasonally in Middleburg, VA and at major east coast show circuits. Both companies are extremely fast-paced and busy practices, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. PPES specializes in sports medicine, lameness and sport horse performance, but also provide full-service ambulatory veterinary care. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
- Assist Dr. Jill Copenhagen with ambulatory caseload, including, but not limited to, joint injections, lameness exams, pre-purchase examinations, and imaging. This would including handling, lunging, and jogging horses, prepping joints, preparing & using diagnostic imaging equipment, etc.
- Stock and manage ambulatory inventory & equipment
- Manage daily schedule and appointments, including scheduling follow-ups and phone calls
- Operate ImproMed Equine software to track and maintain up-to-date client history, reports, appointments, and invoices
- Prepare lab samples to go out
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Excellent horse-horse handling skills are mandatory, including handling of sedated horses, ability to jog horses in hand, and proficiency in lunging horses
- An outstanding team attitude, work ethic, and desire to learn
- Education & work background in equine medicine & care
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Technologically proficient
- Excellent handling emergency situations
- Capable of heavy lifting, including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
This position is a full time seasonal role in Ocala, FL, from ~ Dec 15, 2018 until April 30, 2019. For the exceptional candidate, the opportunity may exist to transition to a full time, permanent employee, splitting time between Middleburg, VA (summer) and Ocala, FL (winter). Hours & schedule are variable based on the day’s caseload, requiring the employee to be flexible in his/her availability. Work hours may include weekends, evenings, holidays. We anticipate that this position will be approximately 40 hours of work per week, with the possibility of required overtime. Benefits include competitive hourly pay commensurate with experience and discounted veterinary services and products.
Peak Performance Equine Services, LLC, a subsidiary of B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, HR Manager, at email@example.com