Employment Opportunity: Ambulatory Technician
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, MVB, Equine Veterinarian, PA
Employment start date: Immediate
Employment Status: Full time, permanent
B.W. Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 15 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 3 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, stallion collection station, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a rehabilitation center. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
- Assist ambulatory doctors with ambulatory and hospital caseload, including, but not limited to, reproduction, dental, general care, and lameness. This would including handling & restraining horses, including mares and foals, jogging horses, preparing & using diagnostic imaging equipment, etc.
- Stock and manage ambulatory inventory & equipment
- Manage daily schedule and appointments, including scheduling follow-ups and phone calls
- Operate ImproMed Equine software to track and maintain up-to-date client history, reports, appointments, and invoices
- Run in-house labs or prepare IDEXX samples to go out
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Excellent horse-horse handling skills are mandatory, including handling of sedated horses, handling and restraining mares and foals, and ability to jog horses in hand
- An outstanding team attitude, work ethic, and desire to learn
- Education or work background in equine medicine & care
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Technologically proficient
- Excellent handling emergency situations
- Capable of heavy lifting, including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
Hours & schedule are variable based on the day’s caseload, requiring the employee to be flexible in his/her availability. Work hours may include weekends, evenings, holidays. We anticipate that this position will be approximately 40 hours of work per week, with the possibility of required overtime. Practice hours are Monday – Friday, 8a-5p, so generally appointments are scheduled within those time windows. Benefits include hourly salary commensurate with experience, 401K, profit sharing, Health Insurance, and discounted veterinary services and products.
Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A./d.b.a. B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org