Employment Opportunity: Client Relations Representative
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A.
Employment start date: 03/01/2019
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
Reports to: Client Relations Team Leader
B.W. Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 16 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 3 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. Currently, there are approximately 20-30 employees whose roles as technicians or office staff support the veterinary team. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, isolation barn, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a rehabilitation center. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
- Receive consistent level of high volume phone calls
- Coordinate daily scheduling for both ambulatory and hospital cases
- Process hospital clients check-in and check-out, including payment for services
- Resolve questions related to invoices
- Monitor A/R under guidance of Client Relations Team Leader
- Disseminate appointment information in an efficient manner to vets and/or techs via multiple communication modalities
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Ability to handle high-volume, fast-paced phone lines
- A background or education in client relations is preferred but not required
- Accomplishment oriented: driven to, and energized by, getting things done
- Excellent communication skills: over the phone, electronic, written, verbal, and often conducting multiple conversations via different methods simultaneously
- Courteous and pleasant manner when attending to clients; ability to ensure each client feels he/she is our highest priority
- Strong computer navigation and operation skills; well-versed in cloud-based operating systems (Google, etc.)
- Calm under pressure and when handling emergency situations
- An outstanding team attitude and work ethic
- A basic knowledge of horses with a desire to learn more
- Strong time management skills with an emphasis on punctuality
Work hours are 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required periodically based on business need. Compensation includes competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience and a benefits package that includes 401K, profit sharing, health insurance, and discounted veterinary services and products.
Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A., d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org