Employment Opportunity: Hospital Assistant
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A. (d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates)
Employment start date: Immediate
B.W. Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 17 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 3 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, isolation barn, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a rehabilitation center. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
- Assist in treatment for hospital cases & care of patients, including holding, jogging, hand-walking, grooming, feeding, mucking out, cleaning feed & water buckets, prepping for procedures, and providing treatments
- Assist with emergency admissions
- Process lab work and equipment requests
- Download diagnostic images to patient medical records
- Meticulously track/document completion of tasks as well as appropriate patient interactions
- Assist in the maintenance of hospital grounds
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Background in equine care; medical care experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional horse handling skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- An outstanding work ethic and self-drive
- Technologically proficient
- Capable of handling patient emergency situations
- Capable of heavy lifting, including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
- Ability to perform all job duties while standing
The position has an assigned schedule which is subject to change based on the needs of the hospital. Additional hours may be required depending on the needs of the hospital, and additional shifts may be available during the work week. Compensation is $10-12/hr based on experience. Employee is also eligible for discounted veterinary services and products.
Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A., d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.