As the entire world works to limit the spread of COVID-19, B.W. Furlong & Associates is committed to taking an active role in reducing the impact of the virus in our communities. We are, without compromise, focused on the wellbeing of our staff, our patients, and our clients. At this time we are continuing to see patients. To protect the safety and wellbeing of our team, we will be implementing some precautionary changes to mitigate the risk of exposure of COVID-19. These changes are based on best practices from the CDC, WHO, and local and state officials.
- We have asked staff experiencing any illness to remain at home until they have been symptom free, without medication, for 24 hours.
- We have increased sanitation and disinfection protocols throughout all areas of the hospital and in all ambulatory vehicles.
- We are requesting clients reduce hospital visits to only essential individuals, and to limit direct, physical interaction with staff. In an effort to reduce interactions, the waiting room has been closed; we will ask that clients simply drop their horse off and then return home. Our doctors and team will continue to provide constant communication and updates via phone.
- We have reduced staffing in all areas to limit interactions, and reduce foot-traffic between departments. Simultaneously, we have increased shift schedules, to ensure patient care is not affected.
- Ambulatory doctors and technicians will continue to provide services in the field, but will practice good safe physical distance and limit all person to person contact.
- If you have any appointment scheduled, but are experiencing flu-like symptoms, have recently been exposed to COVID-19, or have traveled internationally in the past 2 weeks, please alert our staff prior to the appointment/prior to arrival.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We realize that best practices and information continue to be updated, so we will continue to monitor the situation carefully. Updates will circulate through all channels as they become available.
Best wishes and safe health to your friends and family, both two legged and four,
Brendan Furlong, MVB, MRCVS