Employment Opportunity: Collections Specialist
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A.
Employment start date: Immediately
Reports to: Client Relations Team Leader
B.W. Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 16 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 2 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. The businesses staff between 20-30 employees that work in roles to support the veterinarians. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, isolation barn, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a rehabilitation center. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: The Collections Specialist position operates within the Client Relations Team providing support to clients, veterinarians and staff related to the collection and proper application of payments for overdue client accounts. This position reports to the Client Relations Team Leader and works closely with the Office Manager and the Accounts Receivable Specialist.
- Conduct daily review of aged receivable lists & identify accounts to be contacted
- Review plan of action with Client Relations Team Leader and Office Manager
- Understand payment and credit history in order to speak knowledgeably and persuasively with clients
- Investigate outstanding balances on accounts
- Pursue outstanding amounts frequently and effectively by telephone and email to secure payment within company payment terms and client guidelines
- Discuss and process necessary paperwork for payment plan negotiations with clients
- Engage Veterinarians and Client Relations team regarding past due accounts, requesting additional information and/or assistance as needed
- Track and maintain all collection activity including third party collection accounts
- Contact clients with returned statements and update database accordingly
- Assist with statement production and distribution
- Assist Accounts Receivable Specialist with overflow workload as needed
- Prepare statements/invoices/reports as needed
- 2 years collections experience in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to field client questions, negotiate payment plans, and provide accurate updates to leadership
- Able to demonstrate consistent follow through and completion of tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships while pursuing payment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver exceptional client service
Compensation based on experience. Hours Mon-Fri 8a-5p (40 hours/week). This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Overtime at 1.5 times the hourly rate to be paid for any hours over 40 worked in a work week. Benefits include hourly pay commensurate with experience, 401K, profit sharing, health insurance, and discounted veterinary services and products.
Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A., d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org