Employment Opportunity: Barn Assistant
Employer: Furlong’s Soundness Center and Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A. (d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates)
Employment start date: Immediate
B.W. Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 15 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 3 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, isolation barn, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include Furlong’s Soundness Center, an equine rehabilitation facility, and a standing MRI. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
- Stall Cleaning: mucking out, cleaning and filling feed and water buckets, sweeping aisles and cobwebs, wipe down doors and hardware. Load tractor bucket with manure and drive across property to specified dumpster as necessary ensuring the roadways, drains and paths remain free of debris.
- Patient Contact: move patients from stalls to cross-ties or turn-out and return to stall based on direction from FSC shift lead. Assist with care of patients as directed, including holding, hand-walking, grooming, and feeding.
- Meticulously track/document completion of tasks as well as assigned patient interactions.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Background in equine care and barn maintenance
- Exceptional horse handling skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- An outstanding work ethic and self-drive
- Capable of recognizing patient emergency situations
- Capable of heavy lifting, including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
- Ability to perform all job duties while standing
Hours are Monday – Friday from 7:00A-4:00P. Additional hours may be available pending satisfactory completion of tasks. Compensation is $15/hr. Discounted veterinary services and products also available upon completion of introductory period.
Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A., d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.