Employment Opportunity: Client Relations Representative
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A.
Employment start date: Immediately
Employment type: Full time, Permanent, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Client Relations Team Leader
B.W. Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 13 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 3 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. Currently, there are approximately 30-35 employees whose roles as technicians or office staff support the veterinary team. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, isolation barn, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a rehabilitation center. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
- Provide class A level of customer service when handling client calls for hospital and ambulatory appointments
- Coordinate daily scheduling for both ambulatory and hospital cases by disseminating appointment information in an efficient manner to veterinarians and/or technicians via multiple communication channels
- Distribute and track New Patient Forms
- Process hospital forms for patient/client check-in and/or check-out (in-person or remote), ensuring client awareness of payment options for services and collecting payment at time of service
- Research and resolve questions related to outstanding invoices
- Monitor accounts receivable under the guidance of the Client Relations Team Leader
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Attention to detail is a MUST
- Ability to handle high-volume, fast-paced phone lines and retain critical patient information
- A background in client service, relationship management, or client relations, in a busy veterinary/medical practice or office environment is preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with medical and pharmaceutical terms a plus
- Strong computer navigation and operation skills; well-versed in cloud-based operating systems (Google, etc.)
- Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Professionalism, Quality Focus
- Accomplishment oriented: driven to, and energized by, getting things done
- Excellent communication skills: over the phone, electronic, written, verbal, and conducting multiple conversations via different methods simultaneously
- Courteous and pleasant manner when attending to clients; ability to ensure each client feels he/she is your highest priority
- Calm under pressure
- An outstanding team attitude and work ethic
- Strong time management skills with an emphasis on punctuality
- A basic knowledge of horses with a desire to learn more
Work hours are 8am- 5pm, Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required periodically based on business need. Compensation includes competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience and a benefits package that includes 401K, medical/dental/vision insurance, and discounted veterinary services and products.
Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A., d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at email@example.com